Boot Camp offers the best way to get fit while having fun in the great outdoors and can range from a half day up to two days! A key to our members’ fitness is the motivation provided by our professional instructors by delivering a series of intense exercises focusing on strength training, fat loss and cardiovascular conditioning.
As there will be no military men shouting at you, there’s no need to be afraid of our Boot Camp events. Physical exercise should be fun and you can work at your ability level. Perhaps with a little pushing from us now and then!
More companies today understand to improve their business performance, health and fitness has to play a part in the organisation’s strategy. A healthy employee is much more productive than a colleague who is more prone to sickness.
What to Expect from Corporate Boot Camp
Boot camp workouts have been designed to give you an insight on how to get you into shape. We’re not here to turn you into soldiers or marines, but to provide a physical workout that should change your lifestyle. It does require determination and your mental and physical limits will be tested.
Corporate Boot Camp Obstacle Courses
Starting with an assault course, which comes in different shapes and sizes; you’ll have to race with your team across the course to see who has the quickest legs or at least who have had the most practice at fence hoping!
The demanding assault course includes a wall climb, tyres, balance beams and balance poles to negotiate and swings and river crossings. You’ll probably gain a few bruises by the end of the day but that’s part of the fun of an assault course.
Benefits of Corporate Boot Camp
Corporate boot camp is different when compared to regular boot camp, as unlike regular clients exercising for themselves, on a corporate level you are all working out and competing with each other. You will develop relationships with your colleagues through friendly competition, and support each other along the way.
How to Prepare for Basic Training
Always start with stretching and light exercise to reduce any likelihood of strains and injury. Don’t overdo it as your focus should be to build confidence by taking one step at a time. Get your body and mind acclimatised to basic training first.
Eliminate any bad habits such as drinking, smoking and of course eating junk food! Eating higher-quality foods decreases the number of process chemicals entering your body, thus reducing inflammation and improving recovery. Being better prepared is a must for speedy muscle recovery.
Basic Training Workout Plans
Cardio is very important combined from running, sit-ups and push-ups. You can do this anywhere and these exercises will help you lose weight while improving your cardiovascular – body’s circulatory system.
Participate in some high-frequency training to increase your strength and prepare you for more intensive exercise programs.
Types of Physical Fitness
The most common kinds of physical fitness are Aerobics, muscle strengthening, and flexibility. Aerobic means “with oxygen” and is based around your heart and lungs (cardio).
Weight training, also known as resistance training, focuses on muscle strengthening. An advantage of building muscles means they will become stronger and work longer before they become exhausted.
Being flexible offers many physical benefits including improved physical performance, fewer injuries and better posture.
A few Fitness Terms for Beginners
- Rep: the number of times (single exercises) you complete before taking a rest or a break
- Set: the number of times (cycles) you perform a set of reps
- Cardio: endurance workouts to increase the strength of your heart and lungs
- Circuit training: body conditioning, endurance training or resistance training through high-intensity aerobics
- Cross-training: exercise regimen which uses several modes of training to develop a specific component of fitness.
- Metabolic rate: the amount of energy (calories) that your body needs to function while resting for 24 hours
- Cooldown: the end of cardiovascular work out when decreasing the level of intensity to help the body adjust to normal ‘resting’ levels
- Glycemic index: carbohydrate content of food which affects your glucose (blood sugar) levels.
Top 10 Health and Fitness Tips
- Sign up for an exercise program: professional equipment, expert knowledge, and it increases your chances of actually getting fit
- Stay motivated: set goals, schedule workouts and change your perspective. When exercising count down when performing reps.
- Exercise daily to boost endurance, and work out more efficiently
- Mix up your exercise to stay in shape and heal your other overworked muscles at the same time
- Eat the right foods: eat more green vegetables, lower or avoid carbohydrates and reduce your portions
- Drink healthy and avoid alcohol, and sweetened drinks especially soda. Not sure what to drink! Green tea, coffee and the best of all – Water!
- Avoid stress: learn and practise relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga
- Fight fatigue and consume the right drinks and food packed with healthy nitrates, to increase stamina and improve your cardiovascular functioning.
- Hydrate properly before and after exercise which naturally boosts your metabolism
- Adapt to change and challenge your body in ways it’s not used to! When it gets used to a certain kind of activity it will burn fewer calories so look for ways to change up your workouts.
- Visit your doctor and discuss your workout plan before you starting any kind of rigorous training especially if you have heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure or any other kind health issues. Working with your doctor before starting your new exercise program ensures there are no underlying issues that could negatively impact your regimen.
Corporate Boot Camp Assault Courses
Depending on your chosen event venue we may be able to throw in a few assault courses! The demanding assault course includes a wall climb, tyres, balance beams and balance poles to negotiate and swings and river crossings. You’ll probably gain a few bruises by the end of the day but that’s part of the fun of an assault course.
If you are looking for a fun Boot Camp Team Building event why not contact us today for some fine event suggestions. We are able to deliver team building events from as little as 6 pax to extremely large groups.